Effective teams are built through trust, understanding, respect, conflict-resolution, collaboration, problem solving, and work/life balance. Our passion at the Team and Leadership Center at Montreat College is creating experiences where your team can grow together in interdependence, communication, and effectiveness. Our corporate team building events equip men and women who are ready to make a difference in the workplace. We’ll help your team get where you want to go. Here’s what we can offer for your team:
- Challenge Course: Engage in team building exercises on our High Teams Course, Challenge Tower, and through other group initiatives.
- Corporate Workshops: Experiential team activities with a dynamic curriculum.
- Leadership Training: Encourage leadership development and expose your team’s potential.
- Meeting Starters: Energize your team and learn other great ways to begin meetings.
- Personality Profiles: Uncover your team’s unique gifts and strengths.
- Group Dynamics: Understand how your team works together.
- Resolving Conflict: Use conflict to create opportunities for growth.
- Custom programs: Our custom corporate team building events are designed to best meet your group’s needs.
- Team Bonding: Introduce new members to your team; strengthen existing relationships
- Motivation Programming: Bring a spark to your team dynamics through energizers
- Team Improvement: Build on existing foundation, deepen relationships, push through preconceived limits
Partner with us. We can come to your site, or you can join us at the Team and Leadership Center at Montreat College.
Team Workout—Build on your strengths. 2-6 hours
Work out of your areas of strength. It takes less energy and is more productive. Learn how to utilize the strengths of others while working out of your strengths. Better understand what makes them tick! (Smalley’s animal personality profile; fun and active)
Team Glue—Strength Bonds. 2-6 hours
Relationships are key. If you have 3 close friends at work, then you are 96% more likely to be happier with life as a whole. One third of your life as an adult is spent at work. Why not like the folks you are around? Activities target rediscovering your co-workers through an intentional shared experience. Activities revolve around asking great questions! Engaging activities while involved is a discovery process about each other.
Team Legos—Building blocks of a team. 2-6 hours
Back to Basics! Remember legos? If you want something to hold together, survive and thrive, build a solid foundation. This program focuses on respect, giving 100%, trust, encouragement, and being safe. This isn’t as much about what we do, but how we do things. Activities range from events that could be done in a board room, to high adventure! (Choose the activity level that is best for your team.)
Aerial Adventure—50ft Challenge Tower, 2-4 hours
14 climbing and high adventure activities. You choose your level of challenge. Activities lend themselves to discussions about Team vs. Individual effort, goal setting, pushing yourself, and the value of partnership. (Challenge Tower involves being in harnesses, helmets and being tied into a rope with a belayer.)
Team Wars Adventure Race—F.U.N.N., Bonding, 2 hours (moderate to very active)
This four-element adventure race can is 1/2 mile long, but activities and duration are customized to your group.
Sample race events include a string crawl, a one minute frenzy, boiling one cup of water, welded ankles, and diminishing load. Communication, speed, skill, problem solving, and determination are required. The program can be held on our property of other locations.
Strengthen Bonds, 3-4 hours (low to moderate activity level)
One third of your life as an adult is at work. Why not like the folks you are around? Relationships are key; if you have three close friends at work, you are 96% more likely to be happier with life as a whole. This program involves indoor/outdoor problem solving, communication, conversation starters, and fun with coworkers. Activities target rediscovering your co-workers.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!—High Teams Course (HTC), 6-8 hours
The High Teams Course is a series of 4 problems to be solved by teams of 4-8 people, 25ft or 50ft from the ground as they advance to the end of the course where they dismount on a 400ft zip line. A trained facilitator accompanies each group throughout the course. Teams stop to reflect and to celebrate each success. There is no “I” in TEAM and this course will drive that point home! This event is not for the faint of heart. (HTC involves being in harnesses, helmets and being tied into an overhead safety system at all times.)